Dental Health Services offered by the Ministry of Public Health
Primary Services are provided at established fixed locations, and outreach clinics.
Preventive Care : Oral Health Education, Caries Risk Assessment and diet counseling, Topical Fluoride and Fluoride Rinse, Oral Hygiene Instructions and Demonstrations, Pit and Fissure Sealants
Primary Care in Dental Health – Curative Care : Examinations, Extractions, Minor Oral Surgery, Prophylaxis (“Dental Cleaning”), Fillings – Amalgam, Composite, Glass Ionomer (ART), Temporary Fillings
- Preventive and Curative Care provided at all Regional Hospitals and Dental Clinics.
- School Oral Health Program in all Regions of Guyana – mainly Public Schools
- Oral Health Month (November every year) – Intensive Oral Care Programs in all strata of the society – Schools, Social groups, Commercial centres, Religious Organizations, Riverain and Hinterland regions; Television and Radio Programs
Specialized Dental Care
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – Fractured jaw, impacted teeth,
- Oral Cancer detection and surgery, Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery, etc.