· Oversee and co-ordinate the functioning of all Regional Health Officers.
· Support the regional health services in the provision of quality care for the residents.
· Assist in the provision of specialist health care services to regions as deemed necessary.
· Provide for the medical transfer of patients to the Georgetown Public Hospital when service is not available at their locations.
· Ensure adequate staffing of regional hospitals and health centres.
· Implement the Package of Publicly Guaranteed Health Services (PPGHS)
· Address infrastructure gaps
· Strengthen the Primary Health Care services across all regions
· Accredit all health facilities