1. Establish and revise procedures and protocols in surveillance in response to evolving needs
2. Monitor and evaluate national surveillance data
3. Fulfill requirements of the National Health Regulations, International Agreements on Surveillance and International Health Regulations.
4. Publish reports and disseminate epidemiological evidence-based information for use at national, regional and international forums and by policy makers, senior management of Ministry of Public Health
5. Monitor long-term trends in disease rates, death rates and risk factors for planning health interventions and measuring the impact of health campaigns
6. Enhance the capacity at the regional levels to undertake effective monitoring and evaluation of the surveillance system and provide support for disaster and outbreak responses.
7. Building and maintaining a working relationship with other programmes with surveillance systems