1. A Situational analysis of Elderly Health in Guyana has been carried out by the Pan-American Health Organisation (PAHO) in collaboration with the Ministry of Public Health
2. A National Elderly health committee has been established in partnership with the Ministry of Social Protection.
3. Monthly Medical outreaches are conducted at elderly homes and this exercise is executed by the Regional Health Services Department.
4. Elderly Health Clubs have been established in Regions 4 and 10
5. A National Maternal and Child Health Programme has been established
6. National sexual and reproductive health promotion and prevention is carried out